So I wrote this post two months ago and forgot to post it. I guess posting it a little late won’t hurt, right?
First, let me thank Kathy over at RUNin’ My Life for nominating me for this award. It came completely as a surprise and was an honor to receive, even if I am not sure that I deserve it. How this works is that Kathy nominated 10 bloggers for this award and then asked each of us to answer t0 questions. After answering the questions, we are to nominate 10 people of our own, and ask them 10 questions. You link back to the original poster’s blog, as well as your 10 nominees. It encourages you to share some blogs that you love reading that others may not have discovered. So, first, let’s answer Kathy’s 10 questions about me!
1) Cat person or dog person? Dog person all the way! We have a miniature labradoodle that is almost two years old. I am actually allergic to dogs, so this is one of the most hypoallergenic breeds out there.
2) Favorite guilty pleasure song? If you ask Susan, it would be Elvira by the Oak Ridge Boys.
3) What was the best day of your life? Easy answer here, my wedding day last October!
4) Favorite childhood memory? It would probably be in 1992 when all I wanted was a White Christmas and it actually happened! Growing up in West Tennessee, we did not get much snow, and this still remains the only White Christmas that I have ever experienced.
5) What is your favorite race distance? 13.1. It was a nice goal to strive towards a couple of years ago and it is an attainable distance through hard work and dedication. Every time I complete one, the overwhelming sense of accomplishment brings me back for another one.
6) Are you a road warrior, trail adventurer or treadmill enthusiast? Road warrior for sure. It is just the most readily available resource in my area. I do some trail running, but with my work and school schedule, it is hard to find time to travel to the trails to run.
7) What is your favorite cause or charity? St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital here in Memphis, TN. A good portion of my runs have been for St. Jude, including my first two half marathons. I am again running the St. Jude Half Marathon in December as a St. Jude Hero and I will also be running my next Warrior Dash as a St. Jude Warrior. I also hosted a successful virtual fundraising race, the Platinum Sombrero 5K, for St. Jude over the summer.
8) What one word would your best friend use to describe you? Insane.
9) What is your favorite thing about running? It is a hobby that I can continually get better at while still feeling accomplished and controlling my weight.
10) What do you hate about running? Honestly, the cost. It is definitely an expensive hobby with the shoes, gear, races, and such that I buy. But I still pay my hard earned cash to do it and will do so as long as I am physically capable.
Narrowing down a list of 10 nominees was hard, so I used activity on my blog posts as a way to dwindle the list down. The following are my 10 nominees:
Congrats to each of you!
If you’d like to participate, here’s what you need to do:
1. Post the award logo in a post.
2. Link back to the person that nominated you.
3. Answer my ten questions on your blog post.
4. Nominate ten blogger friends, let them know, and post links to them.
Here are the 10 questions.
1. What is the most important piece of advice for new runners?
2. What is your favorite song to run to?
3. Have you ever been injured while running? If so, how did you overcome it?
4. What do you do besides run to stay in shape?
5. What do you watch on TV?
6. Have you ever done a destination race? If so, where?
7. What is your one piece of must have gear for a run?
8. What would cause you to quit running?
9. What has been your favorite race?
10. What has been your least favorite race?