It has been a busy week here in Memphis for me. From work and some improvements on the homestead, I have a few subjects to share with y’all. And instead of dedicating a post to each, I am just going to encompass them all here.
1. St. Jude sent me a thank you for being a St. Jude Hero. I am not sure if this was a thank you for the canceled St. Jude Marathon Weekend last December or the upcoming Country Music Half Marathon, but it was a nice surprise. St. Jude sent out a pair of Yurbuds Signature Series Earphones and a Frogg Togg. So, thank you St. Jude!
2. I wanted to share a couple of photos from our newly painted living room. Here are some before and after pictures of our progress.
3. And my personal favorite addition to the new living room, my new Nest Thermostat. It was not exactly needed, but it is really freaking cool. My thermostat is now actually connected to my WiFi and I can adjust my house temperature from my iPhone here at the office. The thermostat learns our heating and cooling habits, and adjusts accordingly. I also get monthly reports on my energy efficiency and how I compare to others in my area with a Nest.
4. This weekend is the Germantown Half Marathon and I cannot wait for Sunday morning to get here. I am very interested to see how running this event will actually be healthy. Of course, according to the weather report, it looks like it is going to be a wet race. Current projections so 100% chance of precipitation at the race start time. If this holds true, this will be the first race above a 5K in which I have encountered rain. There is a first time for everything I suppose.
5. Thanks to the lackluster effort by the Memphis Tigers last night against UConn in the American Conference Tournament, this entire town is on suicide watch today. A 72-53 loss on your home court against a team that you already lost tow twice this not easy to swallow, especially when on paper, you are evenly matched with the victorious team. I think Giffey just hit another wide open three!
Sports talk this morning in Memphis has not been fun.